Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Sinner and Saint

Yesterday, she was satan. Today, she's been an angel. Eating every 3-4 hours, not all day. I put her in the sling because I needed to clean house; vacuum, sweep/mop the kitchen and bathrooms. I decided to vacuum first and she started crying. After I got done with one room, her head started lulling back and forth each swipe I made with the vacuum.

I looked down and she was sound asleep. I felt like her neck would snap off when she reminded me of a weeble-wobble and it was just bobbing. I tried my best to not wake her by taking her out of the Snugli. I had to pry her out of it like a piece of gum stuck to your shoe. I thought for sure she'd wake up since I was pulling her like Gumby. Yesterday, if you placed her on the bed as if she were a fine piece of china, she would cry like her best friend just died. During her nap, I got the house clean and made brownies. The mixer running didn't even bother her. I think my child is bipolar.

The only bad part of today- I was on the way to pick up my used jogging stroller, it was getting a tune up. She farted hard, poop shot up her back and soiled her outfit. Luckily, next door there was a consignment shop and I bought her a new dress.

So, I learned two things today. Always have a spare outfit in the diaper bag in case of blowouts. Vacuum + sling= Sleep. It also is kills two birds with one stone. Can't hear the crying over a vacuum away. Maybe she gave up, she was "out-noised".

No comments: