Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Her First Nickname

My sister Val came to visit this weekend with her kids, Cameron(4) and Megan (7).
val 021

She told me a funny story. One evening at the dinner table, her husband said he was getting his haircut on Friday.

Megan said, "Daddy, please don't get a hair cut."

"Why shouldn't I get a haircut Megan?" Carey asked, "The back is getting long and curling up."

"Yeah, but the top of your hair is falling out and and I don't want your to go BALD!" Megan replied.

Poor Carey, he just had his 40th birthday and his hair is receeding. His daughter telling him he's going bald couldn't have been a big ego boost. My sister said she was cracking up too.

Cameron, the four year old chimes in, "Mommy what's bald? Why is Daddy going bald? Is he sick?"

"No, Cameron, Daddy's fine. Bald is when your hair thins or starts to fall out, there is just skin on your head." Val explained.

"OOOOhhhhh, bald is like Glowbee!" Cameron said.

"What is Glowbee?" asked Val.

"You know, Glowbee! You are always talking about her now."

"Who is Glowbee?" Val asked again.

Cameron sighed, "You know Glowbee, I saw her pictures on the internet."

"Pictures on the internet? What are you talking about Cameron?" Val questioned.

"Glowbee! Aunt Chelle's baby is named Globee! Don't you remember Mom?"

:)

I love my little, bald Glowbee!

No comments: