Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, August 19, 2007

I think I thought I saw you..........

It's an R.E.M. song from when I was growing up, but I changed one of the words to fit the "current" events. Whenever your mom finishes eating you seem to be cutting flips in your Mom's uterus, and I want to sing that verse: "I think I thought I saw you move". It's a little hard to believe, that inside the little "poochie" belly your Mom has now is a new life. I am such a Nazi when it comes to you, I constantly preach to your Mother about how we should watch what we say just on the off chance that you might actually hear us, and how our language and communication are going to have to be irrevocably changed in order to give you the best possible environment to grow up in. We are looking for a new place to move to, one thing I am most excited about is being able to decorate a room just for you. I want to paint the room like a sky, with light blue as a background and clouds and sunshine. It has also crossed my mind to change the face plates on the light switches and sockets, there are so many thoughts running through my head about this project. Maybe it is because your mom is doing the hard part, having to endure all these physical changes, that I am searching for a way to contribute also. I feel like since I donated my half of the chromosones I have been on break. Don't get me wrong, there are many things I do daily to try and make your Mom comfortable, but somehow it just doesn't feel like it's enough. you are growing inside of her, and I cannot imagine the toll it must take on her. But she doesn't complain, and even with her new "poochie" belly she is still so beautiful. She has had this look of love in her eyes ever since we found out, we have been so blessed.
Your mom is probably going to get onto me about saying "poochie" belly so many times. She has always been so beautiful, and the changes that carrying you has produced only add to that. But I know it's hard on her, because she had a perfect, and I mean PERFECT figure when I met her. See your mom was a competing tri-athlete last year, and was in excellent physical condition. Before she got pregnant I began working out with her at the gym and I could barely keep up. And it was so funny because I would be so sore the next day and she would poke me wherever I was the sorest and just laugh. I honestly think that when your Mom and I got together she made it her goal to introduce me to a healthier way of eating and living, and part of the reason we concieved is because she got me back into good health. I can't wait for us to cook for you the way we have for each other, you will eat well as you grow up. And in a few years I will have a new buddy to help me with the dishes.
Next March, in the spring, you will finally arrive. Spring has always been my favorite season, when the flowers start blooming and the dew is on the grass in the mornings. Now it will be more special, because every year at that time we will get to celebrate our lives being blessed with you! Your Mom used to say that I would cling to her like a Baby Spider Monkey, but now you get to do that. And this is a new chapter in our lives, one in which I get to be a Dad.

1 comment:

JF said...

By the way, March babies are the greatest...(hint... hint). Can't wait to meet you!

Michelle was an AMAZING triathlete. She made experienced athletes gasp in her talent! I am so proud to have had that chance to race with her... (never near her though... my fat ass always was a bit slower...ha).