Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

To My Little Blessing

Dear Chloe,

We started this blog to do something special for you. When you get older thanks to the internet you will be able to know all the things that can can be forgotten along the way as you grow and change. Today is the first day your Mom left you with me while she went to work. I had just gotten off the phone with my Mom telling her how wonderful things were going when you decided to go ballistic for two consecutive hours. Nothing that a nice meandering ride in Dad's four wheel drive truck couldn't fix though. It's hard sometimes, because I know I am no substitute for your Mother. I wish you could see the two of you through my eyes, the never-ending supply of love and affection she shows you, doing the hokey pokey while we watch the Today show. I know that as time goes by we will do many fun things together, but there is a bond between your Mother and you that is irreplaceable.
You are getting so big. Every day when I get home from work it seems you have grown. You try to talk and blow spit bubbles. We have found that you also have your Mother's love for the outdoors, you like sitting in your baby bath tub that has become your back porch recliner. I am so blessed to have you and your Mother in my life. Last night at work I was showing off pix in my phone of you to my customers and some one told me "I never thought you would settle down and be a family man". Well your Mother is the "one", my hearts desire, and I know in my heart of hearts that you are a blessing from the fruits of a love that was trully meant to be. The last few weeks were kinda rough for your mother and I, mainly of my own doing. It was just her and I for so long, and I am having to learn to share. I seem to be at work all the time and my schedule has been so crazy that the three of us haven't really gotten into any kind of routine when it comes to spending time or doing things but hopefully it will all work itself out.
I just want to let you know that even though you can't talk I try to do things that you will appreciate. Your changing table wall is rapidly filling up with drawings that you stare at while you are getting your poopie pants changed. For my birthday my Mom even bought me special red and black gel pens so I can draw in colors that you love to look at best. Every time I draw you a picture and post it on the wall, you immediately know that something new is there. Maybe one day we can draw and color together.
It's almost eerie how much you look like I did as a child, my Mom said it looked you were" pulled out of my butt". But you have your grandma's eyes, and love to knead your feet and cover your head with the blankie just like your Mom. Well, you are up from your nap so I need to go pick you up and spend some time with you before your Mom gets home and I have to go to work. I love you Baby Spider Monkey!

No comments: