Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, July 2, 2007

Just Two Days Ago...........

It was only two days ago that your Mother and I were blessed to find out that you would be coming into our lives. We has taken the dogs, Monty and Missy, to the park that day and had a wonderful time. When we left the park we went shopping, for dinner, but first we bought a pregnancy test from CVS. Michelle had taken a test the day before, when I had went to visit a friend whom I used to work with. I didn't think the test was positive, the line was so faint. So she tried again, as soon as we got home. The line was there, faint but there. Your mom and I sat down and talked, on our beloved futon, and I held her and told her that this was a blessing. And you are. We still haven't picked out a name, but I think Chloe has been settled on if you are a girl. For months in the beginning of our relationship we have talked of you. Jokingly your mom called me "Baby Spider monkey" and I called her "Mama Spider monkey", but now that title belongs to you. I look forward to being your Dad, I pray that as parents we will be able to love and care for you the way our hearts desire. We bought a book, "What to Expect When You're Expecting" and prenatal vitamins the day we found out.
The pregnancy web site that your Mom found says that you are about the size of the head of a pin now, tomorrow your brain will divide into 3 different areas. Your Mom is already showing signs of fatigue, her body is working so hard to create you. I find myself crying alot when she is not around, I worry so much abnout you and her when I am not with you. There is a peace that I feel about this though, that everything is going to be ok and you are going to be everything we expect and more. I can't wait to see you and hold you. You are a gift from above.
It's amazing how muh your life can change in just two days. How your habits, your recreational activities, and wants and needs can so dramatically be re-arranged. If it wasn't for your Mom I don't know how I would have felt about this. She is such an amazing woman, I feel as though as if anything is possible because of the hope and love that she has shown me. And we, your parents, cannot wait to share that same love and hope with you!

No comments: