Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Ch-ch-changes...........

Little Miss Chloe:

I have been your Dad for one week and two days. so far my on the job approval rating is like that of our current president. It's hard, because I can't supply your food and you require your mother a great deal more right now in order to grow. I took right to changing diapers, I am "trying" to quit smoking. Every time I smoke outside I wash my hands and face when I come back in so I can be near you. But so much had to be done in the last week. I feel like I barely get to do the thing I want to do most and almost lost the chance to do. And that would of course be being your Father and Michelle's companion.
When you want to be, you are an angel. You don't like to be touched while you are sleeping. The running joke in the house between your mother and I for months has been about that characteristic in me. "Get off me" is what I'll say when she is trying to love on me while I am sleeping. And when I kiss you when sleeping, you frown and I can imagine you thinking the same.
Life has changed a whole lot since your Mom and I joined paths. When we met, we lived in a one bedroom apartment with bare walls and spent our time talking, listening to music and absorbing each others lives. Now I pull into a three acre yard after my shift is over, walk up our sidewalk and go into our beautiful home where my two princesses lay soundly asleep.
We are so blessed to have you Chloe, you are the icing on our newly baked cake.

No comments: