Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Right now in front of me on the trusty old futon are my two pretty ladies. They are both so beautiful. Alot has happened since we were able to update, many amazing things. So let me begin.
On Monday 02-18-08 I took Michelle to work and dropped her off. On the way home I was struck during a routine turn by a work truck doing 75-80 miles an hour. Michelle's car was destroyed, glass and car parts littered the intersection. In shock I got out of the car, went and asked the other people who hit me if they were ok and lit up a cigarette. I looked back and the car was still running and I went and truned it off. I remember thinking and saying out loud over and over, "what are we going to do?". Chloe is due any day now and now we have no transportation. It wasn't until I touched my forehead and drew back a handprint of blood that I realized I was hurt. And then the shock wore off and I inched closer to the car to look at it. The passengers doors were touching my seat and the steering wheel was bent flat. No windows surivived the impact save the front windshield, and the front bumper was knocked off the car. I started to feel weak and leaned up against a light pole. I called my Mom and asked her to meet me at the hospital. My wrist felt like it had been broke and my ribs and collarbone were killing me. I had a black eye, glass was in my hair, cuts were all over face and tears wee rolling down my cheeks. I thought all hope was lost, but at least I had lived.
The next day Michelle's mom bailed us out. She took her to Fred Anderson Toyota and bought her a Subaru Legacy station wagon. Her ex-mother in-law had loaned us a truck, but we never drove it, I was not getting back into another vehicle. After her Mom dropped her off I asked her to take me to the store in her new car so I could listen to how it ran and see if there were any concerns. She took me, and the car rode beautifully. While in the store I bought a lottery ticket. So Wednesday Michelle goes to work and I scratch off the ticket. Two rows into the numbers I get a match. So I scratch further and see that I have won $50,000. I called Michelle's work and left her a message to call home that it was an emergency. When she called I told her and she said I don't have time for this. I told her I was on my way to Raleigh and would see her when I got home. The keys to the loaned truck were in the house, so I quickly got ready and left. "We're saved "just kept running through my head.
I trully believe that the week leading up to Chloe's birth all happened for a reason. While being out of work I got to spend a lot of time with Michelle and realize how close I came to losing everything in the world that was important to me. Even though Chloe wasn't here yet I loved her and couldn't bear the thought of not seeing her grow. And Michelle has been my fatihful companion, I was always meant to be by her side.
And that's where you come in Chloe, you are a blessing sent because of our true love for one another. You two are all I ever dreamed of, I feel complete.

No comments: