Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, March 14, 2008

Who's your Daddy?

Little Miss Chloe,



Being a father is such a wonderful experience. Even when you cry and scream like there is no tomorrow it only encourages me that much more to cure whatever is ailing you. There was one thing I never really thought of when you were gestating inside the womb, and that is becoming a professional juggler. You and your Mom mean the world to me, but it is a very delicate balancing act to make sure that I treat my two Princesses the way they deserve. At night when I get off from work, holding you in my arms puts my mind at ease. You always seem to pre-poop when I hold you, and then just as soon as we get settled back into our comfy loveseat you really let it loose and it's back to the changing station again. I would change you a million times over if I could, even though sometimes when you are kicking your legs and flailing your arms you remind of a turtle that has rolled onto it's shell. You remind me alot of your mother and myself, already I can see the both of us in your budding personality. You should feel special, more conversations began by me or others are about you and your wonderful mother.

Chloe I know that as you grow I am going to miss your helpfulness, I secretly pray that you will always cling to me the way you did when I first let you wrap your little fingers around mine when you were in the hospital. At night your coo's and sleeping noises make for a peaceful night's sleep. I love you Chloe Jade, and even though the induced labor was not the most pleasant experience I feel closer to your Mother than I ever thought possible. We are so blessed, there is nothing in the world like being a family. One of my favorite songs by Eminem says "I'm trying to give you the life I never had". You and your mother have already done that for me.

No comments: